Sunday, June 07, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 10. Top 5 pieces of clothing

📷 ig
This is the final topic for my blog challenge and I must say I am glad I managed to do it all without it taking me way longer than necessary. I am also done with these type of posts for a while because although I enjoyed it a lot, I want to write about other stuff while trying to maintain a similar schedule. 

Going right into it, there are some items I wear depending on seasons, so I'm going to keep that in mind while writing about them. These are items I absolutely wear, that I like or that are practical. 

I also don't have a lot of clothes right now. I didn't take a lot of stuff with me when I moved and since everything has been closed these couple of months and I don't feel confident enough to order online, I mostly have a few winter clothes, three tops and no summer clothes. That being said, I'll think back to the items I  do have now or that are on my list to buy once things get calmer.

 01. Scarves 
I don't have a huge collection of scarves, I only own maximum of three at a time and I wear them a lot when the weather grows colder, in autumn and winter. I get really cold when the back of my neck is exposed, so I absolutely need a scarf to keep warm. I usually pick neutral patterns or colours—the one I wore the most this winter is black—but I also like colourful ones that I can use to add a splash of colour to my outfit. 

 02. Tops 
I mean, of course. I'm not that big of a fan of t-shirts, I like them, I wear them often, but especially when it's really hot they bug me. I feel them too close around my neck so they become uncomfortable. Instead, tops or even weirdly cut t-shirts are my go to. Deeper neck (but not too deep) and a breezy fabric is all I want. 

 03. Bottoms 
In the summer shorts are a must. For a while I didn't wear shorts because I was a bit too self-conscious, but one summer I had enough. I was so hot in my jeans and I looked around, I saw a lot of people regardless of body type wearing shorts and they looked way more comfortable than I felt. So that was it, I was off to get myself a pair of shorts and I kept on adding them. They are great and the best thing is they are awesome regardless of fabric. It can be almost anything, legs are out in the open, feeling the breeze.

 04. Dresses 
Summer dresses or long sleeved dresses, they are all great! Who doesn't like dresses? Being it wearing them or looking at them. They are comfortable, they are one piece so you don't really have to wonder what you to pair them with, they are flowy, you can pick whatever length you feel comfortable with, dresses are awesome.

 05. Accessories 
This doesn't really fall into the clothing category, but I am going to specify them too because I don't mean accessories like jewellery or sunglasses. What I mean is accessories like backpacks or, in my case, fanny packs. Right now I only own one, but it is super useful. I can keep my wallet, keys and phone in it and everything is safe right in front of me.

I'm not a fashion type of person, I wear what I like when I want to, most of the time I don't even worry about how I look in something, I just wear whatever makes me feel comfortable. So yeah, these are my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment