Sunday, April 19, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 03. Childhood Songs

📷 ...
Oh boy! Childhood songs. Now that's a topic. I have a feeling I'm going to do quite a bit of youtube digging to find some of the songs. It's going to be fun. Yes, let the nostalgia come all over me. 

First of all, let's see who my favourites were. I had three favourites that I recall, there might have been more. 

The first one wasn't actually a favourite because I basically only liked about two songs, but there wasn't a lot to pick out from at the time, when the only source of music was the TV and some cassettes we had. But anyway, I really liked Usher, and the two songs were Yeah and Caught Up. I think I would have liked him longer if I would have had access to more of his songs, but since I didn't that was as far as it went. But now that I got reminded of him and I see that he is still going on (surprised I didn't hear anything about him for all this time) I might listen to some of the newer songs. He probably won't make it into my top favourite artists again because that's not actually my type of music anymore, but I definitely see myself listening to Usher. 

The next artist that took over my child musical tastes is Tarkan. My liking him definitely lasted more since for some reason he was more popular on the music channel I liked (it was a Hungarian music channel and I cannot remember the name. I tried googling it, I looked through a list of popular music channels at the time, but none ring a bell. I really liked it mainly because I could listen to a lot of rock and punk songs). I'm going to link only two songs because otherwise I'm going to put on here the whole early discography. Those songs are Dudu from when I was head over heels and Kuzu Kuzu from about the time I got into other artists. Even now I really like the rhythm of the songs, they make me want to dance. As for the newer songs, I can't find many, and what I can find doesn't sound as engaging to me. So I'm going to skip Tarkan except for maybe occasional nostalgia song listening.

The third and the band that kept the N°1 position for many years is Tokio Hotel. I wrote about one of their albums at some point, Kings of Suburbia if you feel like reading more about my history with TH. But anyway, short version is that someone made a music CD for me when I got my first PC and didn't yet know how it all worked, and one of the songs was a Tokio Hotel one. I liked it a lot, and later, back to the music channel I used to listen, they started playing some of their songs and I was hooked. I mostly had it on only so I could listen to them, and I was always so ecstatic when they released a new song. At some point I begged my sister to get me a CD and she did, she got me some TH albums that I still have and that I listened to almost constantly. Some of my all time favourite songs are Scream and Monsoon (of course there are more, but let's stick with the two per artist scheme). Now, they have German and English versions to most of their songs and I actually like them all regardless of language. As for now, they still release music, their style changed a lot, but I like most of their recent songs too. 

As for other artists I liked, I'm just going to put a list bellow with the songs I used to listen on repeat: 

There are probably way more, but I can't really remember any. But well, after all these, as I grew up, I discovered other artists and genres of music, and I still keep on discovering more and more. If anyone wants to know who those are or just listen to random different genres, check out my music recommendations tag.  
 ♫๑◡・๑꒱                    

No comments:

Post a Comment