Sunday, April 12, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 02. Describe yourself in three words

I don't know about you guys, but I was always bad at describing myself. Ever since the days of forums when your first post had to be an introductory post. Or at school when the teacher asked us what we did all summer, or in other settings where we have to introduce ourselves, when you make an account on a dating app (those of us who are hopeless and helpless) or even as simple as introducing yourself when learning a new language. I always, always sucked at it. I don't even know why. I've known myself since ever, how can I not be able to describe myself? 

I'm going to try and do it, and for that I'm going to pick three words that I feel best characterize me, and I'm also going to go into a bit of detail on each of those three words because I think most of the time just one word is not enough. I'll start with a positive word, then a negative word, and then a neutral word. 

 + Optimistic 
If I'm asked, I would most likely say that I am realistic, and yes, I tend to be more realistic depending on the situation, but most of the time I am an optimistic. I like to keep a positive look on whatever is thrown at me no matter what. And I think that helped me in some situations. Don't have enough money for the next rent? I'll get them somehow. Things are bad at my job? No worries, I'll find something better soon. There's uncertainty about this important thing and it's going bad? It'll get solved somehow. And most of the times, yeah, things go well, and if they don't, no biggie, I can work with what I have and make the most out of it. 

I should probably note that I'm also this panicky type of person sometimes, but when it happens to lose my cool I try and talk it out, I seek an opinion from the people around me and most of the time it's just me over-thinking things. Once I realize what's wrong and take it logically, I'm back to my optimistic self.

 – Leisurely 
Well, I didn't really want to use the word lazy here, because that's not really what I mean, so I got the next best one. The thing is I tend to start doing something, something I usually like, but then I get distracted easily and forget all about it. And I also do things at my own pace. I know what needs to be done, I will do it, but from when I notice something that has to be done until I actually do it some time goes by. As you can imagine, this created some tension when living in a shared space. 

I kind of know why it takes a while for me to start doing something, and I work on it little by little, but it's something I do since I was little (when it first originated) so it's one of the most well set habits I have. But, as I said, I'm working on it, usually by forcing myself to do things sooner rather than later.

 = Dreamy 
Not sure if this actually a neutral trait, but the list I looked over said it was so here it is. I dream about mostly anything. About things I would like to do or see, about alternate lives, about fictional characters and all in between. I create all kinds of settings, some inspired about what happens around me or inspired by something I read, others just out of the blue. And it's pretty fun. 

I don't do it when it can cause me to lose focus on a task, like at work or when I'm out with someone, I do it usually when I try to fall asleep and I'm sure a lot of you do it as well. I've been doing it since I was little, but lately I do it less often. That's a shame, to be quite honest, I feel like my creativity isn't as stimulated anymore, and I kinda miss it. Honestly, I should try and start doing it again, it's fun and it's harmless. And if I can get to the level of make up worlds I used to be dreamy about when I was little, that'd be the jackpot. 

So these are my trait words. It actually wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. I tried writing this a while ago too, I had this challenge planned ever since I finished the previous one, and this post was challenging, I didn't really go through with it. But here I am, I did it! Yay me!ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment