Sunday, May 17, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 07. Mornings

📷 < 3
I have a complicated relationship with mornings. Everyone who knows me, knows I'm pretty much a night owl. I function best at night, I find it easier to concentrate, I'm basically at my peak in the evening or late at night. 

I also love sleeping in. I get the best rest in the early hours of the morning to up until just before noon. 

That being said, I am not the biggest fan of mornings, but at the same time I really like them. 

Wait, I can explain.

There's something beautiful about mornings, the moment when the world is just waking up, when the sun peaks out from under the horizon line. I always liked watching the sunrise, it's a unique experience no matter how many times I've witnessed it before. I only, mostly, have to stay up all night to see the sunrise, but that's a whole different matter.

The first rays of sun bring with them a special kind of warmth. It caresses you as it comes out of the clouds and traverses all the way to you.

It gives you a state of calm, of peace and it fills you with energy and reassurance that the day is going to be beautiful and joyful. It's like the kind touch of someone wishing the best upon you. It's like the one thing you need when you feel uncertain or worried. It shows you that there is so much more about whatever is going on.

To be honest, most of the times I watched the sunrise I wasn't in the best of places (because really, who stays up all night just because?), but it always gave me whatever it was I needed to calm down and go on. 

There's something special about mornings and maybe sometimes we don't actually need to stay up all night in order to watch the sunrise. Check out when the sun is up next time and set your alarm, go out and let those first rays of sun caress your skin. They are bound to make you feel warm and peaceful. 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment