Sunday, May 10, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 06. Are things how you imagined they will be?

📷 p h o t o
No, not really. 

I think most of you can relate if I say I had quite big dreams when I was little and as I grew up, before reality hit me like a musty tomato thrown to my face. And I did have quite the dreams, oh, yes. I dreamed about having my own place, about travelling to see the world, about having friends to go out with. Stuff like that. I also dreamed about all the things I would accomplish, not big, but important for me at the time. 

Did any of these actually happen? Nope. Not quite But it's not all that bad. 

My most prevalent dream was to have a place of my own, and it still is. I didn't really like the place where I grew up. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, there was a forest where we could play, you could see the mountain, there was a rivulet streaming down from the mountains, I didn't really miss anything, but I disliked the people. The people in the area I grew up in were always interested in what other people were doing, they engaged in gossiping, and one of the most important things for them was to buy new clothes before every holiday and brag about it. I never liked it and because of that behaviour I got to dislike the place. 

But back to how things are, I wanted to have a place of my own where I would not be bothered by anyone for any reason, and most importantly, I'd get to pick where that place is, as far away of the things and people I didn't like. That didn't work out as I expected, but I did manage to move far away and that was honestly a nice gulp of fresh air. I got to live in a new place, basically by myself, for about six years when I felt the need to change things. And now here I am, countries away, and if that is not far, then I don't know what is. So yeah, it kinda worked out, but not as I expected it. I still want a place of my own, but at this point that's mainly for financial reasons. 

As for the other dreams, they weren't really as important to me. I've always been introverted and avoided going out, even with relatives, so about the having friends bit I don't know what to say. I think it was mostly media influence. I do have friends, don't get me wrong, but as I was growing up the idea of having friends that was portrayed to me was having people to go out to drink with, and go clubbing (which I never really liked?) and other stuff we usually see in sitcoms.

Career-wise, I don't think I ever had a clear image of what I wanted to do. I wanted to do something I like and that pays enough for me to be able to visit places. So far I didn't find that job, and a few weeks ago I thought I was getting closer to some of my dreams, but now, I don't know. With the current situation it's really hard to tell. 

I'm not upset that certain things didn't turn out the way I wanted. If they would have, I would have probably missed on a lot of cool things, I wouldn't have been who I am today. So in a way I guess everything is as it should be.

(=^ã……^=)              

No comments:

Post a Comment