Sunday, May 31, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 09. Recipe post

📷 iG
At some point during my blogging adventure I thought about making a recipe series, writing easy and fast to make dishes. Of course, being a broke student at the time and with not many options, that idea didn't fly, so now I just write some if I feel like it.

What I should probably mention is that I am that type of home cooks who likes to experiment in the kitchen. Except for very few dishes I don't know if my food has the same taste every time I make it. But well, I like to think I'm a pretty good cook so that is not a problem.

Usually I like using the oven and if you don't I must ask why? I find it easier to cook things in the oven and they are often so delicious, everything from meats to baked vegetables (and those are so good). This time I won't write an oven recipe, though, I will write something I made a few days ago. I felt like eating fish and for some reason I had bought some surimi and kind prawns so yeah, that's the next best thing. This is the first time I ever made something with king prawns and it was so delicious, I have to share.

This should take anywhere in between 10 to 15 minutes to make, give or take. 

 INGREDIENTS 
 PREPARATION 


200gr of rice
165gr king prawns
250gr surimi
70gr broccoli
70gr cauliflower
1-2 onion
teriyaki sauce (could also be soy or mirin sauce)
salt
pepper
whatever condiments you fancy


boil the rice and vegetables as per packaging information separately or in the same pot, however you fancy
meanwhile chop the onion and add it to a preheated pan with a bit of oil
add about two teaspoons of teriyaki sauce and allow the onion to caramelize
cut the surimi however big you like and add them to the pan
leave everything cook for about 5min then add the king prawns (if they are ready to eat, leave them just enough to heat up)
after all the flavours combined and it all smells delicious, add everything to the rice and veggies

And that's it. I was honestly not expecting this to turn out so delicious, but oh my, this is definitely something I'm going to want to make again. About the sauce, I actually wanted mirin sauce because I like that a whole lor more, but I can't find it anywhere. The broccoli and cauliflower can be replaced with something else if you don't like them, carrots and/or sweetcorn could do instead, and yes, that is a lot of surimi, but here's the thing: I love surimi.

I absolutely love recipes like this, easy to make, fast, super flexible, and so freaking delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment