Sunday, May 03, 2020

Blog Challenge! II // 05. Favourite Instagram accounts

📷 i m G
This is the post I was mostly looking forward to write, and the one that actually helped me decide to pick up this challenge from the drafts and get it going. 

I made an Instagram account mainly to be able to follow my favourite artists. One artist. I made it so I can follow Ruki, okay, I admit it! And for a while that and about two others were the only accounts I was following. Then I'm not quite sure what happened, but somewhere along the way I realised I can both follow people that take incredible pictures and can upload my own pictures, and that was it. I started following even more people, I upload sometimes when I remember I have a lot of pictures crammed into a folder and I was actually looking forward to share some of my favourites.

Initially I was thinking about splitting this post in two, but I kinda changed my mind. I wanted to link both photography accounts and art accounts, but I think each category deserves it's own post, so instead I'm going to write here about my favourite photography accounts and later this week I'm going to post a list of my favourite art accounts. I think they deserve their own post, and also because I just have a feeling I'm going to throw a lot of links at you.

Without further ado, let's get to linking.

There are some types of accounts that I follow, if I can say that. Mainly I follow nature/plants photograpy accounts. I really, really like looking at pretty flowers or an amazing landscape, so it's no wonder I mostly follow this type. Out of the hundreds I follow, I mostly like _starrush and veyr for a darker (I mean colour wise) portrayal of nature, and amamyee, co_to_neco.y, kei.milktea, mayutan45, nagi15717, skyblue1957, for a more pastel portrayal. juliamstarr is one of those accounts I started following quite a while ago, and that I can recognise out of tens of photos. There is just no way to mix up this level of photography with something else. Here I'm going to also share my_soulwax, neohimeism, norizum_, ulia.alex, unbird_seigo in the nature area,  and  ku.3776, for macro and close ups.

As for landscapes and beautiful views with a splash of something else too I like just_aapi and ni.leconte.

On the other side of nature photography, I like architecture/minimal photography. Some of the accounts I follow that mainly upload architecture and/or minimal photography are ascobereta an account I started following recently and is insanely creative; azzulette that's minimal, cute, and what I like the most, every photography is blue. The profile looks so nice it's almost impossible to not follow, and the same applies to goodcomma where you can find creative colourful minimal photography.

Combining the architecture and the minimal, I would like to share gregfoster, insighting, ishihako, justtigga, kenyo_loco, moonxseed and n0allowance. You might tend to say they are pretty similar, but if you take a closer look, you're going to notice that each one of them is unique. The compositions and the cleanliness of the photos are amazing.

Still keeping on the nature/architecture photography, there are some pastel photography accounts that are a delight to look at. Some of such accounts are electricblueafternoon, such a pretty account, filled with these beautiful pastel skies, seas, and plants and, another one that I can add to this list (well, it's not rally a list at this point, but you get my drift), aur.essa, an account I started following quite recently.

Moving onto city life, neon kind of photography I really like agk42 and liamwong, as well as londonispink and a_ontheroad for the pastel city/town life.

And then there's that style of photography that goes more into fantasy. One of the accounts I really like in this fantasy setting is artlol597. The colours are beautiful, it's a joy to see the photos while scrolling down on Instagram. Here I'm going to add efu_blue as well, the photos give me this faerie vibe, this vibe being what made me follow in the first place. floatingheavy is next and what I like about this account is both the colours of each photo and the omnipresent moon. From owakita_ you'll get amazing photography and art, all gathered harmoniously.

The following two accounts, I'm not sure to which 'category' I would add, but I really want to mention them, because they are in my top favourites. For a change, we have kisetsu_kajin, beautiful plant decoration, so simple and yet so complicated. It is truly a work of art. And the second account, julia_ok8. I wasn't sure if I should mention this account here or on the post about art accounts, but since the main star are flowers, I thought it fits better here. I'm talking about clay flowers and just take a look at a few pictures, you'll understand why I like it so much.

And that's it, these are my favourite Instagram accounts. I tried to keep then in alphabetical order, but I think it's pretty clear I didn't quite manage that. I also didn't want to slap on a list of accounts because that would look just not right to me. I wanted to add something about these account, to say why I like them, and also give you an idea on what to expect before clicking the links.

Hope you found some new awesome accounts to follow, and if you don't have an Instagram, most of these can also be found on Twitter and/or tumblr.
(๑๑)                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment