Wednesday, February 24, 2021

I just nuked a bunch of my old posts

Maybe 'nuked' is a strong word, I merely reverted them to drafts. About 136 of them. That's a lot, isn't it? I have a few reasons for this. 

They are all old posts of mine. I kept wondering what was it that I didn't like about my blog, and I figured out it was those old posts. I used to be a fairly angry teenager and also still trying to find my feet on here, so a lot of those are me being angry, me talking gibberish or some very badly written reviews. Initially I thought I'd leave everything as is, but I really don't want that kind of negativity on my blog. That's the old me, I'm much more happy and comfortable with myself now so, there, I got rid of nasty reminders. 

I might or might not go through my huge list of drafts at some point and I might or might not re-write some of the posts, maybe some of the reviews. 

Somehow I managed to keep at least one post from every year I've had the blog, I didn't plan it, but... Yay? However, a lot of the things I linked to past posts won't work anymore, sorry about that. I will try and remove them, but chances are I won't get them all. 

I've been thinking about the blog title too. I remember I used to have a really bad one, I won't even write it down here, but I'm going to say it was a pleonasm. I'm not sure how I came up with Blowing Time. It was definitely during high school, and I remember someone snickering about it at some point. And sure enough, if I look up Blowing Time the first result I get is from a page on Facebook with the same title that only has a photo of sneakers posted, and people asking how to give a good bj.

This blog's own FB page doesn't exist anymore since I deleted my account a few years ago and I don't know much about sneakers anyway, and about bj... Erm, listen to your partner, do whatever makes him gasp and moan. Play with the balls. Something like that. 

Anyway, the only blog title I might use I won't because that one fits a different kind of blog that I thought about making at some point (did make it then promptly forgot about it), and, well, Blowing Time is the very definition of this blog. I am, in a way, blowing time, rambling about whatever I feel like, writing about whenever I feel like or when I have feel like. Which is also what this post is. Coming full circle here, ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment