Monday, August 31, 2020

Haircut? Yes!


Back in March, actually even before that, I decided to let my hair grow. I've had long hair before, I quite like it, and sometimes when I have short hair I think hmm, I would like me some length. So that was my plan. Straightforward, easy, literally no effort. Only it didn't go as I was expecting it to: me just doing whatever it is I do and then, bam, nice long hair. The hair is there and it lets you know it is there.

I managed to let it grow for a few months and then I went to a hair saloon a day after I almost chopped it off myself. I got pissed at my hair and I realised I do actually feel way more conformable with short hair. I don't even know why I sometimes get this idea of leaving my hair grow. Where does it comes from?

But anyway, here's how it went.

 Pros of long hair 

I think a lot of long haired people would agree that the biggest pro of having long hair is being able to style it in a lot of ways. I usually don't style my hair, I let it do its thing, but I did start playing around with it  and it was kinda nice. And that's about all the pros I have. 

 Cons of long hair 

It gets everywhere! My hair wasn't really long, it almost, barely, reached my shoulders, but even before that it was insane! I would find hair everywhere, on my clothes, on the floor, in the washing machine, under my mouse, on the floor; literally everywhere. It was so frustrating. 

I also dyed my hair at some point and to get the colour I wanted I had to bleach it. I did that and as expected it damaged my hair quite a lot. When it was dry I didn't have any issues with it, but as soon as it came in contact with water it became tangled and kinda heavy too. I didn't like it. So that was it, I've had enough and off I went to get a haircut. I looked up some pictures on the Internet and decided it was an undercut I wanted. Never had one, I think it looks nice, so why not. 

 I like getting haircuts 

I am starting to suspect that the only reason I do let my hair grow is so that I can get a haircut. I don't mean the final look, but the actual process. One of my favourite things is seeing the hair fall down as it's being cut, it is so satisfying. Another thing I absolutely like doing is getting to the hair saloon and giving the hairdresser a few general pointers and let them do their thing. When I go back to a hairdresser I liked I just tell them to do whatever they want. Last time I did that I got an amazing haircut, and I think I'm going to do that next time too. The guy who cut my hair this time was awesome, I definitely trust him to do whatever he feels like. 

So that's about it. I now have a short undercut hairstyle that I like, I don't find hair everywhere, I don't have to tie my hair (which I dislike) so it won't get in my food, and it sure helps when it's hot as a donkey's balls. Ugh summer, am I right? 

Haircuts rock! 


No comments:

Post a Comment