Monday, August 03, 2020

Dear Diary


This is not actually a diary post, it's more like a trying to figure out what post. Or something.

A while ago I started writing a few diary posts, three to be more precise, and I want to keep writing them, only I'm not sure on how to proceed. I don't want to set a schedule for when to write them, I want to write them whenever I feel like it, but my issue with it right now is what language am I going to use. 

I started writing these diary entries in Romanian, but since I started writing on blog again I, obviously, wrote mainly in English. Somewhere along the lines I came to the conclusion that it's easier for me to express things in English, especially personal stuff. Since I also read and watch a lot of content, most of it, in English it makes sense for me to be more used to it too. Going back to this diary thing, should I translate the original three entries? Should I re-write them in English? I'm not sure.

To help me decide, let's see what they are all about.

   Diary of J—I wrote about long distance relationships. Sorta. Not really. The post is a mess, it's so cringy reading it now; it's all over the place, I don't like how I wrote it, I mention a lot of things that don't have any connection to any kind of relationships... I don't think I even want to read it, let alone translate it.

I remember when I wrote that one, nine years ago. I was in a long distance relationship at the time and just gotten into an argument with my then girlfriend. I vaguely remember the argument, but I'm not sure. Anyway, when I started writing that I had a completely different idea about what I wanted to write (long distance relationships), but somewhere right after the title I fucked up. I don't even know how. I feel that if I do write about that, I have to properly write it, so maybe I am going to (re-)write it and actually stick to the topic, simple as that.

   Diary of B—This one is about high school, an improvement compared with the first. I actually stuck to the topic, I wrote about my experience in high school, wrote about colleagues, about how I just couldn't fit in, about my best friends at the time, and then about professors and the graduation.

I'm surprised I was so consistent on this one and I think I might actually bear to read through all of it. Especially since I have a feeling it would bring back some really nice memories. I wasn't the most outgoing high schooler, I didn't have a lot of friends, but those that I did have were great. I might go on and translate this one.

  Diary of M—Here I wrote about college and about why I decided to drop out. I mentioned why I picked to study Letters and Literature, why I dropped out, but I didn't go too in-depth and maybe I should have.

There are a lot of things that can be said about that period, about how it affected me (granted, I wrote that post not long after I dropped out, I didn't know at the time just how much it affected me) so I think this one might get a more detailed re-write.

I think we have a plan there, I'm going to tackle the mentioned subjects properly. I'm going to keep the original posts too because I already decided I'm not going to delete anything I wrote on this blog, every single word here is a statement of how far I've come, so what if they are cringy? What if I don't feel or believe the things I did when I wrote them (I mostly do)? They still say something about me, the blog would feel incomplete and kinda fake if I would erase them.

No comments:

Post a Comment